Friday, January 22

Aurora

I’m so wish that I am in the Arctic region right now.

The new sunspot area on the sun is facing the Earth  and it’s crackling with solar flare.

The solar flare cause a change in solar wind stream and it hits the magnetic field of the earth, sparking auroras around the Arctic Circle.

stereob_m2_anim The solar flare incident *gasp*

Since the sunspot just turning towards the earth, more auroras can be seen in this month onwards.

You can search about the aurora in wikipedia etc.

So, a reminder to all sky watchers who are in the Arctic now, snap more photos please.

Me begging you so that I can enjoy the beauty too.

I wanted to be an astronomer before. I dreamt about being an astronomer; watching beautiful stars, observing the beauty of our planet and others etc. Well, looks like we cannot always follow our dreams because most of us have his or her path chosen for you.

 

(Too nerdy for your liking? Buzz off, please..me want no violence in this blog thank you)

=)

Petter-Hamnes2

Courtesy of: Space Weather

No comments: